Chico Insurance Law Attorneys
Fighting for Your Rights for Over 100 Years
With private insurance, attorneys are needed to assist both insurance carriers and policyholders. Insurance litigation is extremely complex, and there are a lot of details that make finding common ground a difficult proposition. For example, you may have suffered an injury after an automobile accident. You file a claim with your insurance company, only to discover that they rejected your claim because of lack of coverage. This is a common occurrence where an attorney is needed to understand the problem and work towards a fair solution. However, a lot of mid-size law firms have attorneys that represent the insurance company in negotiations or at trial. At Peters, Habib, McKenna, Juhl-Rhodes & Cardoza, LLP, our Chico insurance attorneys have experience navigating complex insurance law matters. We frequently assist both carriers and policyholders during first-party claims and insurance subrogation claims.
Our Areas of Representation Involving Insurance Law
For over a century, Peters, Habib, McKenna, Juhl-Rhodes & Cardoza, LLP has served the California community by representing clients in a variety of civil and municipal matters. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience handling insurance coverage disputes. We always look for ways to avoid litigation whenever possible. However, when litigation is mandatory, we aim to resolve cases in a fair and efficient manner. By remaining active within the local community, our firm has won the trust of Chico residents. We fight for their rights when an insurance claim is made. By working with both insurance providers and policyholders, our firm has a deep understanding of all aspects of insurance law. If you are dealing with an insurance law matter, then our Chico insurance law attorneys will help you fight and get what you are legally owed.
Although there are many categories of insurance law, our firm has experience handling a wide variety of cases. We advise and represent insurance clients on matters involving:
- Automobile Insurance: Our firm represents clients needing help with automobile insurance. This includes uninsured motorists, underinsured motorists, and medical payments insurance.
- Commercial General Liability Coverage: General liability insurance covers a lot of the accidents that can take place at a small business. Our attorneys have experience representing both the insurance provider and the injured party during a commercial liability suit.
- Errors and Omissions: Errors and omissions insurance (E&O) is a type of professional liability insurance. It helps to protect companies and their workers against accusations made by clients for subpar work or negligent behavior. Our firm understands how difficult this is for an organization and can fight to obtain a fair outcome.
- Fire Loss: When a fire destroys your property, having fire loss insurance is supposed to cover all of the damage caused by the fire. However, insurance companies often try to limit the amount of payment they send out to fire victims. Our attorneys work hard to ensure that you receive what is owed to you after an accident.
- Homeowner’s Insurance: If you have a home and financed the purchase with a mortgage, then your lender will most likely require you to get homeowner’s insurance coverage. However, having insurance does not mean that you are living in your home risk-free.
- Umbrella Policies: An umbrella policy is optional insurance that reaches beyond the coverage of your initial insurance policy. It can include bodily injury liability, libel defense, and property damage liability.
Questions About Insurance Law? Contact Our Chico Insurance Law Attorneys Now
While insurance is designed to protect you during difficult times, there are countless examples of insurance providers negatively affecting their policyholders. Our attorneys represent both sides of insurance litigation. We have a comprehensive understanding of the legal and factual issues that shape insurance matters. Our Chico insurance law attorneys can use this understanding and offer insightful, effective representation to you throughout your insurance claim.
When you purchase insurance, there is an expectation that your insurance provider will follow their end of the bargain. By law, in any state, your insurance provider owes you a duty to act in good faith. This means that an insurance company cannot look for ways to shirk its responsibilities once a claim is made. Doing so would be acting in bad faith. Bad faith claims come in a variety of forms, and the consequences are just as varied. Bad faith litigation can be resolved via a settlement with the insurance company, through arbitration or by a jury verdict.
Common examples of insurance providers acting in bad faith include:
- Failure to conduct a reasonable investigation of the claim. If your insurance provider does not conduct an adequate investigation into your claim, then they cannot possibly make a sound decision about your coverage.
- Failure to deny or pay the claim within a reasonable period of time. Insurance companies have a habit of stalling payments. However, if their stalling negatively affects your life, then you could file a bad faith insurance lawsuit.
- Failure to communicate relevant information to the claimant. Often, an insurance provider will withhold information from a policyholder and use it against them at a later date. You should have all the information you need to make accurate decisions regarding your insurance.
- Unwarranted denial of coverage. On occasion, an insurance company will reject your claim for absolutely no reason. They may assume that you do not have enough institutional power behind you to make them accept your claim. At Peters, Habib, McKenna, Juhl-Rhodes & Cardoza, LLP, we can help you fight back and get you the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at (530) 342-3593 for a consultation. We can get back to you as soon as possible and answer all your questions about insurance law.
My outcome was best case scenario- Leslie W.
So pleased with the outcome- Leanna H.
Thank you!- Adam G.
We are eternally grateful- Mikhail P.
Highly recommend!- Lindsi D.
$3,000,000 Construction Injury
Settlement on catastrophic construction site injury case for the policy limits of 3 million dollars. This hard-fought case was led by partners James McKenna and Lia Juhl-Rhodes.
$1,500,000 Mobilehome Park Case
Settlement for 19-unit mobile-home park for 1.5 million based upon violations of leases, mobilehome residency law, construction defect, and breach of habitability.
Not Guilty Criminal Defense
Partner Anthony Cardoza represented a client who faced felony charges of Domestic Violence and False Imprisonment.
Gun Rights Protected Criminal Defense
Partner Anthony Cardoza won a court trial in which the Government was attempting through a civil restraining order process to take a citizen’s gun rights away.
Acquittal of Misdemeanor Criminal Defense
Partner Anthony Cardoza represented a client who faced the charge of a misdemeanor count of spousal battery under Penal Code section 243(e)(1).
Big Victory for Local Governments Municipal Cases
City of Oroville vs Superior Court of Butte County, on August 15, 2019, lead attorneys for the City of Oroville, Mark A. Habib and Lia M. Juhl-Rhodes, from the law firm of Peters, Habib, McKenna, Juhl-Rhodes & Cardoza, LLP won a landmark inverse condemnation case in the California Supreme Court.
Clearance of Felony Criminal Defense
Partner Anthony Cardoza led a two-day jury trial representing a defendant who faced a felony count of assault with a deadly weapon, namely a vehicle.
Clearance of Felony Criminal Defense
Partner Anthony Cardoza represented a client in Butte County charged with Felony Driving Under the Influence causing injury.